Backpackers San Pedro
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Awesome hostel. Highly recommended. Helped organise all our tours and were extremely helpful. Cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Great location, very impressed! ”
- 04 Jun 2012 Saskia
- “ A nice hostel with good facilities. About a five minute walk to town but that wasn't a big deal at all. they also have a curfew for showering after 9 pm that we kept missing because day trips tended to come back right around that time so that was a pain, but otherwise we enjoyed our stay here. ”
- 09 Apr 2012 Hana
“ Comfortable beds,nice courtyard to relax,good Wi-Fi,Clean bathrooms.But no lockers and the cats are everywhere(in the room and one almost climbed into the refrigerator)-so if you are uncomfortable with cats,think again.Lastly-the receptionist was very unhelpful-she insisted I pay full amount even when I told her that I had paid 10% deposit thru hostels.com when booking,cud not suggest stuff to do around,was unable to tell me what time the supermarket closed.I had booked for 4 nights-but stayed 2 ”
Thanks for the review. Cats have live there with the owners much time before this was a hostel, we are sorry but we can't get rid of them just like that. Anyways, now the hostel owners moved to another house and also did the cats, so they will not bother the tourist anymore. Now there are some cats around, but they are stray cats, looking for some food and someone to care them. We can't kill them or throw them to the desert, not even for the bad karma, it's just because it's a cruel, inhumane act. We hope that you and all the people complaining about cats can understand this. We know that lockers are important for any backpacker, that's why we are trying to solve this soon. BUT we do inform the whole world that we don't have lockers and that we don't offer breakfast and that we can't receive credit card payments: ALL this is mentioned in our Hostelworld profile and also in our website. It is YOUR responsability to read which are the services of the hostel you are booking, and what are the services you are looking for. If you didn't read what services we offer before booking us, unfortunately it is not our fault. We do suggested you what to do here. Every time we receive a booking, we email our customers a map of San Pedro with our location and the current tours list, with their schedules and prices, to give you an idea of how to use your time in San Pedro after coming here. These same documents -map and the tour info- are also given to every customer at check in. We helped you booking your tours by phone for you not to move from the hostel, we really hope you enjoyed them. San Pedro is not a big city like the one you live in. We think that every person that comes to our town is aware of that. It is a little rural town, with scarce resources; water and electricity are always an issue here. That said, there are no supermarkets, just small markets, we told you that they close around 21:00 or 21:30 but their closing time is absolutely relative, sometimes they even close a whole day or week without any prior notice. There's nothing we can do about it, we do not manage this. And finally. Really, Shweta, the 10% deposit is for Hostelworld, not for us. Saludos.
- 01 Feb 2012 Anonymous
- “ I've read you'd better fancy cats if going and that's true, I counted seven of them at least. I don't mind. Another thing, hundreds of flies, it doesn't have to do with the hostel but the place, take some flies spray killer or whatever the name is with you. Celeste and the other girl at the hostel are very kind and eager to help you. Tours at the city centre accept credit cards. ”
- 21 Jan 2012 Silvia Viviana
- “ Amazing experience. Very good Hostel! Beds are confortable, clean bathrooms, good kitchen, staff is very helpfull. Amazing view from the Licancabur! ”
- 12 Jan 2012 Rafael