Backpackers St. Pauli
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ 10 minute walk to the Reeperbahn and another nice area with lots of restaurant's however, far from main shopping and city center area. When we were there it was also pretty quiet in the evening and we were hoping for a party hostel. Also there are no plugs in the room, only a few in weird places so it was difficult to share with everyone. ”
Dear guest, thank you for your review. Backpackers St. Pauli is located in the district of St. Pauli. Sure here you won't find big shopping malls but the bus takes you within 12 minutes to Rathaus, which is the City Centre with all shopping facilities . We are not a party hostel because the district itself offers enough party locations. Extra plugs for a more convient handling are available at the reception/bar.
- 03 Apr 2015 Tiara Canada
- “ Lovely boutique hostel with very friendly staff. Each dorm has its own bathroom, which is very clean, as well as comfortable beds and large lockers. Each night freshly prepared and tasty stews are for sale at the hostel bar, along with a fridge packed with locally brewed beer. There's a small courtyard and a cosy rumpus room downstairs. Couldn't have asked for much more. ”
- 11 Sep 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ I was kinda tricky to find this one, because it is not right in city center. On the other side hostel has great domestic atmosphere. There are balconies in every room, little garden prepared to grill party and really friendly people. I stayed in 10-bed dorm, and perfect thing about this room was that it was built like two rooms without doors, so everyone have more privacy. I would recommend to stay here, because I think that it is best value for money in Hamburg. ”
- 10 Sep 2014 Anonymous Slovakia
- “ Nice place. Tiny kitchen with tiny fridges, though. ”
- 19 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Lockers with keys. Free kitchen. Free umbrellas. Very nice staff ”
- 18 Aug 2014 Anonymous Denmark
- “ awesome hostel with great staff!!! definitely highly recommend! ”
- 24 Jul 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ Absolutely loved this hostel! As a group of 6 girls it woud be harder to find a safer, yet not boring hostel than this one. We loved our rooms, it was very clean and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating if they tried! All in all it was great value for money and a perfect way to end our backpacking trip. ”
- 20 Jul 2014 Anonymous England
- “ The bathroom was not that clean, specially the walls of the shower. The facilities were not that nice and right in front of the hostel was very dirty. ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Anonymous Colombia
“ We have been transfered to a random place and learned the day before leaving. Totally sucks. ”
Sorry for that, but being transferred to another hostel is better than sleeping in a room where the water pipeline broke the night before.
- 15 Jul 2014 Anonymous Canada
“ Not recommended for women, probably ok for men. In a quite sketchy part of town, must walk through the red light district to get there from the subway stop. Does have a kitchen and good for meeting fellow travelers. ”
We are located in a residential area of St. Pauli. Which is of course not lively at night. For women we offer a female only dorm.
- 14 Jul 2014 Cate