Backpackers St. Pauli
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ NEVER,NEVER,NEVER AGAIN! Must have been better for 20€!!!
1. Had to wait for the room 1 hour at 17 o'clock, the room was booked and paid before!
2. Bad neighbourhood - a lot of hookers, homeless, addicts...
3. Very small beds, common room is connected with kitchen and is dirty and small too!
4. Only 3!!! power outlets for 8 people in the room!
5. Reception is in the сafe, which is extremely small and always overcrowded!
6. Dirty and dusty mattresses!
7 ... ”
Dear Guest we are in a residential area. There are no hookers, homeless and addicts. You were arriving 01.01.15 we wrote to you before that we have on that special day a late check out and that we are not able to check in earlier. The common room is cleaned by housekeeping everyday. The bar/reception crowded bar/desk is a good place to socialise Multi sockets are available on request. We apologise if your mattress was not ok but 90x200 is honestly a big mattress.
- 01 Jan 2015 Maksym Ukraine
- “ Lovely boutique hostel with very friendly staff. Each dorm has its own bathroom, which is very clean, as well as comfortable beds and large lockers. Each night freshly prepared and tasty stews are for sale at the hostel bar, along with a fridge packed with locally brewed beer. There's a small courtyard and a cosy rumpus room downstairs. Couldn't have asked for much more. ”
- 11 Sep 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ I was kinda tricky to find this one, because it is not right in city center. On the other side hostel has great domestic atmosphere. There are balconies in every room, little garden prepared to grill party and really friendly people. I stayed in 10-bed dorm, and perfect thing about this room was that it was built like two rooms without doors, so everyone have more privacy. I would recommend to stay here, because I think that it is best value for money in Hamburg. ”
- 10 Sep 2014 Anonymous Slovakia
- “ Nice place. Tiny kitchen with tiny fridges, though. ”
- 19 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Lockers with keys. Free kitchen. Free umbrellas. Very nice staff ”
- 18 Aug 2014 Anonymous Denmark
- “ awesome hostel with great staff!!! definitely highly recommend! ”
- 24 Jul 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ Absolutely loved this hostel! As a group of 6 girls it woud be harder to find a safer, yet not boring hostel than this one. We loved our rooms, it was very clean and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating if they tried! All in all it was great value for money and a perfect way to end our backpacking trip. ”
- 20 Jul 2014 Anonymous England
- “ The bathroom was not that clean, specially the walls of the shower. The facilities were not that nice and right in front of the hostel was very dirty. ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Anonymous Colombia
“ We have been transfered to a random place and learned the day before leaving. Totally sucks. ”
Sorry for that, but being transferred to another hostel is better than sleeping in a room where the water pipeline broke the night before.
- 15 Jul 2014 Anonymous Canada
“ Not recommended for women, probably ok for men. In a quite sketchy part of town, must walk through the red light district to get there from the subway stop. Does have a kitchen and good for meeting fellow travelers. ”
We are located in a residential area of St. Pauli. Which is of course not lively at night. For women we offer a female only dorm.
- 14 Jul 2014 Cate