Backpackers St. Pauli
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ St Pauli is a really interesting quarter, hostel has nice bathrooms and a bar/reception with great staff. Security could be a bit better since doors do not close automaticaly. ”
- 17 Aug 2015 Anonymous Serbia
“ The hostel was good, the only thing I didn't like was the payment of $2,00 that I've already payed in the site. ”
Dear guest, thank you for your stay. The amount of 2,50€ was charged for bedlinen, which is quoted on our Hostels.com page here. Unfortunately it is not technically possible to add this in the booking system of Hostels.com. We apologize.
- 30 Jun 2015 Anonymous Brazil
“ Everything went good with the check-in. Good system for using the door into the room aswell to the building. Staff were nice. A good clean kitchen for everyone to use and a plus for bathroom/shower in the room. The only negative i have to say about this place is that they charged us extra for the sheets, and it was obligatory. When I booked this place for 1 night i got the total sum of it. But with the sheets that they neglected to include on the booksite/webpage it added a cost of 4 euros. ”
Dear guest, thank you for your stay. The amount of 5€ was charged for bedlinen, which is quoted on our Hostels.com page here. Unfortunately it is not technically possible to add this in the booking system of Hostels.com. We apologize.
- 30 Jun 2015 Anonymous Sweden
- “ It's a rather sketchy part of town, but that's part of the fun. The craft beer bar downstairs is really nice, and it makes it easy to talk to people. ”
- 06 Jun 2015 Jia Yuan Canada
“ 10 minute walk to the Reeperbahn and another nice area with lots of restaurant's however, far from main shopping and city center area. When we were there it was also pretty quiet in the evening and we were hoping for a party hostel. Also there are no plugs in the room, only a few in weird places so it was difficult to share with everyone. ”
Dear guest, thank you for your review. Backpackers St. Pauli is located in the district of St. Pauli. Sure here you won't find big shopping malls but the bus takes you within 12 minutes to Rathaus, which is the City Centre with all shopping facilities . We are not a party hostel because the district itself offers enough party locations. Extra plugs for a more convient handling are available at the reception/bar.
- 03 Apr 2015 Tiara Canada
- “ Lovely boutique hostel with very friendly staff. Each dorm has its own bathroom, which is very clean, as well as comfortable beds and large lockers. Each night freshly prepared and tasty stews are for sale at the hostel bar, along with a fridge packed with locally brewed beer. There's a small courtyard and a cosy rumpus room downstairs. Couldn't have asked for much more. ”
- 11 Sep 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ I was kinda tricky to find this one, because it is not right in city center. On the other side hostel has great domestic atmosphere. There are balconies in every room, little garden prepared to grill party and really friendly people. I stayed in 10-bed dorm, and perfect thing about this room was that it was built like two rooms without doors, so everyone have more privacy. I would recommend to stay here, because I think that it is best value for money in Hamburg. ”
- 10 Sep 2014 Anonymous Slovakia