Backpackers by the Bay
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Typical Australian Hostel. However, if you did not book your sailing trip with the hostel the owner is not very pleased and leaving your baggage until return will cost you 6 AUD pp. Washing mashine only cold and 4 AUD. 1 page printing 50 cent. On the day of your departure baggage cannot be put in the locker room except you pay 6 AUD again. Aircon switches off at 9:30 am. Therefore although the rooms are nice we felt a bit ripped off. ”
- 21 Dec 2011 Anonymous
- “ The staff were fantastic, especially Nick who was extremely nice and helpful when we had to leave early unexpectedly. He even took it upon himself to try and find accommodation for us in another town for the following night. ”
- 06 Jun 2011 Gabrielle
- “ Loved it here! Really welcomed, and DVDs played on canvas above pool wit sea in the background. Very well run. A little out the way - be prepared to walk to town, and some of the rooms smelt, but all really clean. ”
- 20 Feb 2011 Catherine England
- “ decent place to stay - not on the main strip of Airlie though. About a five minute walk to get to "town". Wish the bathrooms were cleaner, but they weren't unusable. ”
- 21 Jan 2011 Regan