Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I went back to this place, because of familiarity. Staff are all great. But the place needs some serious updating. Blankets and pillows seemed old and outdated. Doors for the dorms don't close properly, the furniture needs to be replaced. Also, their system of collecting, and recording the residents needs to be updated. Best things are the super hot showers and some of the staff. ”
- 07 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ We were 4 ladies driving from EL and when we arrived, the place did not look like the pictures on the webside, but we stayed anyway, and that was the best move we've made because Banana Backpackers is central, we walked to all the places and we parked the vehicle. We enjoyed the stay so much that we decided to have the same plans for next year. ”
- 06 Oct 2014 Amanda South Africa
- “ The location was great and the guy at the front desk was very welcoming, but I've never been to a hostel this dirty. Also, I woke up with either flee or bedbug bites all over my arms and legs. The staff needs to make a better effort to ensure the cleanliness of the blankets. ”
- 25 Apr 2014 Sarah USA
- “ in the city center, walking around in evening was no problem. beach is close, but no swim (sharks). but the area is a bit druggy and red light. I would come again,though the cleaniness is not over the top, the people are clean but the house itself is a bit old. ”
- 10 Mar 2014 Bernd Germany
- “ a lovely and wonderful place to spend your holidays. ”
- 10 Dec 2013 Helga Austria