Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Banana Bungalow Hostel Maui is a great place to meet new people in a wonderful atmosphere! ”
- 12 Feb 2017 Emilia Germany
- “ Party Hostel in the middle of nothing. If this is what you're looking for, you're in the right place! ”
- 31 Jan 2017 Anonymous Canada
- “ The Bungalow is the place to be! I had an amazing time stayin there. Of all the hostels I went to while travelling, this one has by far the nicest atmosphere. Staff is just AMAZING, really friendly and always ready to party with you.They really care about you and will do everything to make sure you're having a great stay. I litterally felt like I was part of the family. The hostel isnt brand new, but always clean ! Pancake breakfast is nice, you can make friends while cooking.ILOVEDMY EXPERIENCE ”
- 17 Apr 2016 Veronique Canada
- “ Great stay! Clean facilities and rooms. People definitely need to learn how to pick up after themselves but staff seems to be always close by to pick up the mess. A little pricey but the tours and the fun you have make up for it! Will definitely be back next time I'm in Maui. ”
- 16 Apr 2016 Rocky Australia
“ This place is insanely over priced for what it is. There are only 3 bathrooms with showers to use for everyone unless in a private room, there was no security because all doors were unlocked at all times even when the front desk was closed. There were spiders outside everywhere in the kitchen area and hangout area. The party scene is crazy here so unless you're into that...this place is not for you. ”
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to leave feedback! We actually have 7 bathrooms, 6 of which are private bathrooms (meaning you are alone with a toilet and shower). Four of those are located upstairs, but they are open to everyone to use and not just for private rooms! We try to make this clear when we give guests a tour upon checking in but I'm sorry this was not well communicated to you! We lock all our doors at 11 PM when reception closes. We do like our guests to have fun and encourage a social atmosphere. We enforce quiet hours at 10 PM but still allow people to hang out provided they are respectful and quiet. However, it is a fun atmosphere so if one is looking for quiet and solitude, perhaps you are right this would not be the best environment. Safe travels on the rest of your adventures!
- 19 Mar 2016 Laura USA
- “ Very expencive hostel, few bathrooms so they were always occupied at mornings and evenings. Not hot water in all the showers. Don't know why but cops were very often at the hostel. Pancake breakfast was a joke, just a bag of pancake mix. ”
- 09 Mar 2016 Per Kasper Sweden