Banana Bungalow San Diego
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This is my second time staying here. It's in a prime spot on the ocean near Crystal Pier, I met some cool people so if you go by yourself you will probably meet a couple people to hang out with. It's super cheap in the winter and really reasonable in the summer. Have your own agenda, they rent bikes there ten bux a day! If you want it to be one big party there are clubs all within walking distance as well as I believe cocktail night there. and... I actually went swimming in the ocean (November). ”
- 21 Nov 2013 Jennifer USA
- “ The atmosphere and the staff are great!! If you are travelling alone you will definitelly have a company for partying inside or outside in the club. The staff takes care of that! The hostel could be cleaner. It needs to be renovated a litlle bit. The kitchen is really small. The security is inappropriate. But the teracce with the ocean view and the parties balane this! ”
- 01 Oct 2013 Teja Slovenia
- “ Staff were constantly rude to guests, I dont think they understood what working in a hostel is supposed to entail. I am aware a hostel is not supposed to be a 5 star hotel, but they were cheaper hostels around we dsicovered after that were cheaper, more welcoming, cleaner and better organised. On our first night in the banana bungalow after travelling for over 20 hours, we were greeted by a staff member who began my telling us he 'hated' people from 'our county'. Great location, awful staff. ”
- 07 Jun 2013 Orla Ireland
- “ location is great if you want to be near the beach. the atmosphere of the hostel is fantastic; every guest is there to meet and mingle. however, be warned, the hostel itself is very dirty with few bathrooms and appears largely uncleaned. as it is so close to the beach, the beds feel as though people have swum then slept straight onto the sheets - sandy, salty, soggy and probably growing mildew. There was obvious blood on my pillowcase. ”
- 17 Dec 2012 Anonymous Australia