Banff Y Mountain Lodge
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very friendly and welcoming hostel. I would recommend it to anyone who is coming to Banff and travelling on a budget. ”
- 25 Apr 2014 Karin Germany
- “ I was in a tiny dorm in the basement. It was very hot, there was no window, and we were not able to use their air conditioning. There were 3 bunk beds in the room and 5 girls in it, so it was incredibly cramped. Having our own bathroom was nice and it was pretty clean. There were no lockers available which was a huge downside, you have to trust reception to keep your valuables safe. The restaurant was awesome and had good prices. Really nice and helpful staff. ”
- 23 Apr 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ Hostel itself was fine. The problem we had was in the booking agent itself (Hostels.com). We are a scout group looking for accomodation in Banff, and identified ourselves as scouts. When we checked into the hostel, we discovered the hostel could not allow anyone under age of 18 to stay there. I had booked over $900 worth of accomodations, only to find out we couldn't legally stay because of our age. The hostel said they could not refund the deposit I had already put on my credit card. ”
- 23 Jan 2014 Dave
- “ I really enjoyed my stay. The staff is very friendly, and the amenities were great for what we needed. The location was also great. Close to all the shops and bus stops. I had seen some bad reviews about cleanliness before coming and was a bit worried. However, it wasn't outrageous at all. Most people clean up after themselves in the kitchen, and the rooms were kept well. I would definitely suggest others stay here. ”
- 28 Dec 2013 Maegan Canada
- “ Hostel was OK, rooms were clean and not too big mut not too small. Although with skiing gear extra space won't do any harm...Breakfast was very basic, cereal, tee/coffee +1 toast per person, but you could upgrade it to a warm breakfast with 5$ (several choices, like omelettes and pancakes). Upgraded breakfast was huge... ”
- 25 Dec 2013 Niina Finland
- “ What can I say about this place? Just come and see for yourself... I couldn't leave after having arrived... I was supposed to stay at the Y for 2 nights and I've now been there for 12?... ”
- 11 Oct 2013 Alexandre Portugal