Barbieri Sol Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Well, some policies are really strict, not that lively ”
- 02 Jun 2015 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ Great location, right in the center of the city. While this wasn't a party or very social hostel per se, the staff were really friendly and I had a great time with them! Katja from the front desk made a great bar crawl and day trip friend :) ”
- 27 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I liked the hostel. The staff was nice and the facilities were great! They even let us borrow converters :) It was a very nice experience. Except don't forget ear plugs... It's on a street with a lot of bars. So: Madrid at 7 o'clock in the morning: means lots of noise!! ”
- 24 Jan 2015 Sophie USA
- “ Pros: Great location. Steps away from puerta del Sol Good value for money. Good wifi internet connection in the rooms as well. Okay breakfast. Helpful frontdesk. Cons: Very small in-room bathrooms with little ventilation The bed was a bit dirty, but they provided linens/sheets/blankets. Once you put them on, wont notice it much. ”
- 04 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I really enjoyed staying at Barbieri Sol Hostel. It is right next to Puerta del Sol, where you can take a train that will connect you to any place in the city. If you are all about being on foot, there is so much space to walk and enjoy around Barbieri. The bathrooms are real clean and the set up facilitates for one to shower in the same room while the sinks outside can be used by many. The place was very clean and I really enjoyed my stay. ”
- 20 Nov 2014 Samuel
- “ The staff was very friendly and helpful, and breakfast in the morning was a standard cereal, toast, and juice situation (there is a fridge if you want to have your own food). In terms of location, you could throw a stone to Puerta del Sol, so you are minutes from shopping, restaurants, and parks. There are three keys to get into the hostel so it is secure. As for cleanliness you get what you pay for. The toilets in the rooms don't flush but the common toilets were fine. ”
- 19 Aug 2014 Ann USA