Barra Guest Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ We had a nice time in Salvador, and enjoyed beeing in the hostel. The Argentinian girl who works there a super helpful and fun to be around:)
They are close to the beaches and to Salvadors biggest shopping mall. Good breakfast:)
The only thing that we did`nt like was the safety lookers, The beds in our room were not attached to the wall, so its just to pull out the bed and then you can get access.. and it would be nice to be able to take a shower before your bus leaves in the night! ”
The bunkbeds are made of metal=heavy=hard to move You didn't have a shower because you checked out at 12:00 and because your girlfriend were so arrogant and racist I had to move people and fill the other dorm because of your paranoia of being robbed and saying on my face that me or my staff could easily rob you by moving the bunkbed. None of us are thieves.The one your girlfriend told to leave the dorm and closed the door felt humiliated and hurt.You can't judge people by colour
- 24 Oct 2013 Filip Norway
- “ This is a very good hostel, very relaxed and chilled out vibe. Free Caipirinha every evening. Good security and locker space. Only downside is shared bathroom, long wait at times. A communal toilet downstairs would be ideal. Easy bus ride to the Pelo and good beach a 5 min walk away. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my time here and met some great people. ”
- 24 Feb 2013 Andrew Australia
- “ We stayed there for 6 nights, and had such a good time! Every person working there was friendly, nice and extremely helpful. The whole atmosphere in the hostel was just very relaxed, laid back - chilled! The room we had was nice, light and clean. Every morning the owner was making sure that we slept well and that our room was okay. The breakfast was good, and the caipirinha in the evenings was awesome. Barra Guest Hostel is one of the best hostels we have been to so far. Very recommendable! ”
- 18 Jan 2013 Julie Denmark
- “ A better Cooker is needed and a seperate fridge for food ”
- 28 Dec 2012 Anonymous England