Barra Guest Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The location of the hostel is very good on a quiet street of Barra. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the atmosphere of the hostel is very good. I highly recommend. ”
- 30 May 2014 Christopher England
- “ This hostel is in a great location by the beach but the atmosphere here is very uncomfortable. I have never stayed somewhere with so many RULES about everything! I understand the need to keep things orderly, but the management here went over the top. There were signs and rules posted on nearly every free surface and it made it difficult to do just about anything. The staff were also very unfriendly and I felt like they would have preferred us to not be there at all. ”
- 15 May 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I stayed in this hostel for six days and I met people from Australia, Germany, Holland, England, Israel, Canada,Norway, Denmark etc. Very friendly atmosphere. ”
- 13 Feb 2014 Ram Canada
“ We had a nice time in Salvador, and enjoyed beeing in the hostel. The Argentinian girl who works there a super helpful and fun to be around:)
They are close to the beaches and to Salvadors biggest shopping mall. Good breakfast:)
The only thing that we did`nt like was the safety lookers, The beds in our room were not attached to the wall, so its just to pull out the bed and then you can get access.. and it would be nice to be able to take a shower before your bus leaves in the night! ”
The bunkbeds are made of metal=heavy=hard to move You didn't have a shower because you checked out at 12:00 and because your girlfriend were so arrogant and racist I had to move people and fill the other dorm because of your paranoia of being robbed and saying on my face that me or my staff could easily rob you by moving the bunkbed. None of us are thieves.The one your girlfriend told to leave the dorm and closed the door felt humiliated and hurt.You can't judge people by colour
- 24 Oct 2013 Filip Norway