Barranco's Backpackers Inn
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ A nice hostel in (what we heard is) the best neighborhood in Lima (we didn't spend much time in the city). There are many restaurants and bars nearby, as well as a path to the beach. The hostel was strangely quiet at night - possibly not the best place for meeting other travelers. The airport pickup is highly-recommended - very convenient and reasonably-priced. ”
- 18 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I had an amazing time at Barranco's. The staff is very helpful, and the owner is attentative, genuinely interested in listening to the guests stories, and seem to know exactly where his guests are from at all times. He both share stories and listen while he pours you beer after your long journey. The location is excellent, it's a beautiful area with lots of nice little places to eat, drink, or hang out. Would definitely recommand it :) ”
- 13 May 2013 Sigri Holm Norway
- “ This is a great hostel. It's located in a location that is very close to restaurants, bars and the beach. I would definitely stay there again. ”
- 10 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Friendly, helpful and relaxed atmospere. ”
- 10 Mar 2013 Iris Germany
- “ This hostel was very nice. I could see the beach from my dorm window. Bathroom in the room was efficient and clean. The area is nice but quiet. Not quite a party hostel but super relaxing. Betty was great she booked my bus ticket to Cusco and did my laundry for a fair price. Only complaint is the lack of electrical outlets ”
- 01 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I spent 1 night here. Location is excellent, as is security! Right on the ocean, in that, a short walk down long steps right to the ocean. Location to central square and shops is also good. Night life opens up just 2 short blocks away for those who want that. Staff were excellent, spoke english well and were so very accommodating in all aspects. Thank you Chris and staff for a very enjoyable experience. Jim. Calgary, AB, Canada ”
- 08 Feb 2013 Anonymous Canada