Base Brisbane Uptown (formerly Tinbilly)
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff was very unfriendly and not really helpful, what creates a impersonal atmosphere.The lockers located in the third floor are not really safe, I tried to store my belongings and the automat opened a locker, which is was still filled with valuables of other people. The 6 bed room was very small and has no window to open. There is not even a place where you can put your luggage. ”
- 05 Dec 2013 Sebastian Germany
- “ If you want a smaller backpacker vibe, this place is NOT for you. Rooms are crowded and loud at night (bar downstairs), and it's a bit annoying to have to rent your plate, bowl, and silverware from the front desk. Bought WIFI, but it never worked in my room on the 2nd floor. Kitchen was a bit dirty and this place lacked character. It just felt like a steel box to sleep to me. But, cheap and well placed. ”
- 27 Nov 2013 Katrina USA
- “ i was one of the best hostels we have stayed on our world trip !! ”
- 11 Sep 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ Very friendly people and staff providing a lot of tips what to do in the city. It would have been better to make an early check in and not only in the afternoon. ”
- 24 Jul 2013 Giovanni Italy
- “ Great place to stay, friendly and helpful staff. Room was quite clean, although there was a bit of a smell in the bathroom. Got free upgrade to better room and there was lots of space and it was comfy and quiet. Also the kitchen/tv area was very nice and the balconies for smoking were lovely. ”
- 05 Feb 2013 Sean
- “ Sorry it has taken me a while to get back as far as my thoughts on Tinbilly are concerned. I would be very happy to recommend Tinbilly to anyone, I thought the staff were excellent and the upgrade I received on my last visit was just wonderful. Keep up the good work! ”
- 28 Jan 2013 Ross Australia