Beijing Downtown Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was my second time to stay at DBPA and I have been happy each time I've stayed. The trips organized and/or led by the staff are superb. We camped on the great wall and had a great experience. Even on a hot June day the short hike to an uncommonly visited part of the wall was spectacular. Sunset and sunrise were both great. Joe did a good job leading the trip. I would have loved to have been able to hike for a few more hours to get further into the mountains, but what we did was fine. ”
- 11 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ It's a good hostel within walking distance of a number of interesting things in Beijing (like the Forbidden City, the Lama Temple, and the Drum and Bell Towers), it's in a historic neighborhood, and it's close to the nearest subway and bus stops. The staff is helpful and friendly, plus they organize a number of interesting programs (including trips to the Great Wall, as well as different cultural experiences). All in all, it's a good hostel. ”
- 17 Jan 2013 Matt USA
- “ This was a nice hostel, great location and with a free breakfast too! The only one we got in China! The dorm was fine and bathroom clean, my only point to make was that if you are a lone traveller it might not be the best option. There is only one tiny tv room to socialise in, which could hold maybe 5 people and was rarely used. So not the best for meeting people in our experience but the hostel is in a great location and is a nice place to stay. ”
- 29 Dec 2012 Anonymous England