Belfast International Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hostel is on the edge of the university area but still pretty close to city centre - best of both worlds. Lots of good and cheap places to eat on the doorstep. Our room was an ensuite double - it was OK but needed better clothes storage and the washbasin taps replacing with proper ones - they were the pressbutton type and virtually uncontrollable. Communal facilities were good - TV lounge, gallery lounge, library. On-site cafe was superb. ”
- 19 Jun 2017 SUE England
- “ Was ok for a couple of nights. ”
- 15 Jun 2017 Anonymous Australia
- “ room was not cleaned ”
- 22 Apr 2017 Lars Germany
- “ Staff were very helpful. Location was a little out of the way. Best creaked very badly so slept on the floor. ”
- 15 Apr 2017 Joanne England
“ Dorm rooms and beds were comfy, but bathrooms and showers were not. This is the first hostel I've been to that doesn't provide hand soap in the bathrooms to wash your hands. Also, the showers in the big dorms were pretty awful - no hooks, and big gaps between the hinges - not much privacy. Some of the bathrooms needed better cleaning - spiderwebs and dust balls in the corners.
Wifi can only be used in common areas, not rooms, which is inconvenient.
However, staff was very helpful and kind. ”
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your December stay. Thank you for noting our comfy beds and helpful staff: very important. We don't provide towels or soap as detailed on the booking site, but there is soap in all of our public toilets. Wifi is only available in our common/lounge areas, again as detailed online. Safe travels. David
- 03 Dec 2016 Noel USA
- “ I've stayed at the YHA in Manchester before, which was a pleasent hostel with good and clean facilities. The dorm rooms were tiny (we stayed at a standard 6 bed dorm room), and the shared toilet/shower facilities were dirty and disgusting. ”
- 18 Nov 2016 May Denmark