Belfast International Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Dorm rooms and beds were comfy, but bathrooms and showers were not. This is the first hostel I've been to that doesn't provide hand soap in the bathrooms to wash your hands. Also, the showers in the big dorms were pretty awful - no hooks, and big gaps between the hinges - not much privacy. Some of the bathrooms needed better cleaning - spiderwebs and dust balls in the corners.
Wifi can only be used in common areas, not rooms, which is inconvenient.
However, staff was very helpful and kind. ”
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your December stay. Thank you for noting our comfy beds and helpful staff: very important. We don't provide towels or soap as detailed on the booking site, but there is soap in all of our public toilets. Wifi is only available in our common/lounge areas, again as detailed online. Safe travels. David
- 03 Dec 2016 Noel USA
- “ I've stayed at the YHA in Manchester before, which was a pleasent hostel with good and clean facilities. The dorm rooms were tiny (we stayed at a standard 6 bed dorm room), and the shared toilet/shower facilities were dirty and disgusting. ”
- 18 Nov 2016 May Denmark
- “ Overall it was ok. The room was tiny with a lot of outside noise. We had a twin room and it was still bunk beds which were extremely hard to get into. The bathrooms were disgusting and had no way to dry hands and no soap in most of them. The shower is a room with a shower head and a toilet. No windows so there is mildew buildup. ”
- 15 Sep 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ Great location, nice staff. But prepare for a long night~ ”
- 29 Aug 2016 Peiyuan China
“ Good hostel, conveniently tours are located in the lobby. Nice cafe also on the ground floor. My only issue (that has happened in a few hostels now) is the allegedly free wifi. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby downstairs which in my opinion doesn't count. ”
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your mostly positive comments. Wifi is free but only available in public areas as detailed on booking websites. There are numerous reasons for this: one is an attempt to tempt guests out of rooms and in to common areas (to avoid the dreaded hostel syndrome!): another relates to the fact that most of our rooms are dorms and there are potential issues around privacy and guests causing a disturbance in a relatively small shared space: and of course the cost is also a consideration in a building of this size with 54 bedrooms and common areas spread over 5 floors. Our rooms remain very good avlue for money. David
- 09 Aug 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ Horrible beds and mattresses. Limited wifi. ”
- 10 Jun 2016 Mark USA
- “ The staff were very helpful and accomodating. ”
- 08 Jun 2016 Violet Northern Ireland
- “ Absolutely great place! Wish the shower, toilet, and sink were all together though Otherwise a fantastic experience. Location was great, especially considering how cheap the price was. And staff were very friendly! Would definitely go back if I ever go to Belfast again. ”
- 08 Jun 2016 Anika
- “ place to stay. ”
- 28 May 2016 AREEYA Thailand
- “ Would happily stay here again if I go back to Belfast - friendly staff, clean rooms, nice cafe on site if you don't want to do your own breakfast. Wifi downstairs in the common areas. ”
- 21 May 2016 Anonymous Scotland