Bell & Hare Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The Bell & Hare was a nice hostel in Tottenham, London. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The place was clean, and I thought was a good value for the money. The only drawback to this hostel for me was the location, it was a bit of hassle getting from and to the airport with my luggage. It is rather far outside of central London, but if you don't mind being a ways out then it's a good place to stay. ”
- 26 Jun 2014 Elizabeth USA
- “ The location wouldn't have been so bad if the hostel would post proper instructions on how to get there. It took me three hours to find the place. I didn't know that i needed to get an oyster card, what underground line to take, or which buses to take. Once I figured it out it was fine, but the process of getting there left a sour taste in my mouth for the rest of my stay. ”
- 17 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ A great place to stay, great people, great staff, not in the nicest neighborhood, but not a bad neighborhood either. Even as a single female travelling alone, I felt safe here. The staff here and at the diner down the street were all so very helpful, I definitely plan to come through here again, if only to see the amazing staff again. ”
- 05 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The hostel is ok. The problem is that it is located just above a pub. It would be not a problem if the reception was separetely from the pub, but no. You have to fight with the drunk guy who wants a beer in order to get a towel. When I arrived it was happening a kind of game, so it was a mess to make check in. The hostel is pretty far from the center city, but there's many easy ways to get there. Despite the problem with the pub I would stay there again because is a very good cost-benefit. ”
- 19 Apr 2014 Mariucha Brazil
- “ See my comments on Tripadvisor.com ”
- 15 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Location as the closest neighbour to White Hart Lane makes it perfect for cheap accommodation if you're watching Spurs play. Clean rooms, ok baths. ”
- 15 Mar 2014 Bjørnar Norway
- “ I checked out of the hostel on Saturday and left my bag in the luggage room for 2 nights. I had another reservation to stay at the hostel again on Monday. I was told that bag storage fee is 1 Pound per night/bag, so I paid bartender 2 Pounds for 2 nights. Over the weekend my plans changed and I cancelled my booking at the hostel. When I returned on Monday to get my bag, the bartender made me pay CASH for the cancelled bed and forced me to pay 4 Pounds extra before he would return my property! ”
- 02 Mar 2014 eriks Latvia
- “ staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. would recommend totally ”
- 02 Mar 2014 Anonymous England
“ the real London experience but also close enough for quick access to the centre the bonus of locals prices in eateries and shops nearby,bus stops right outside ! sky tv free computers to use private bathrooms ample and a welcome discount at the bar for guests of the hostel with a large beer garden and fussball table ”
Hello! Thanks for the positive feedback, hope to see you around soon.
- 27 Jan 2014 Anonymous England
“ Quality a lot of work has gone into turning it into a state of the art hostel fantastic kitchen and sun terrace friendly and professional staff ”
Thank you for the kind words! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!
- 25 Jan 2014 Anonymous England