Bergen YMCA Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very good location, really close to the harbour and the fish market, which is very handful in a city where rains a lot. The breakfast is fine although it could last longer. Finishes at 9:30am. The staff is not really attentive. My dorm was big, with 32 beds, but was silent and very clean. Unfortunately, they don´t provide towels. ”
- 01 Jul 2016 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Good location and value but no free lockers to lock up things lIke passports. No laundry. The kitchen was well stocked but very little room in the fridge. ”
- 23 Jun 2016 Paula Canada
- “ The location is excellent, near everything in the city center. The common areas are open for a limited time during the day, when if you are like me you aren't in the Hostel. I went in November (4th to the 8th), so the staff was also during the daytime and i didn't get to see them, since i did the self check in at night. ”
- 04 Nov 2015 Anonymous Puerto Rico
- “ We only stayed a night (we arrived quite late and left in the morning). The hostel is located right in the center of Bergen, really close to Bryggen and Floybanen. A good thing about the hostel is that we had a private bathroom in our dorm but it's a pity breakfast wasn't included in the price (which wasn't that cheap!) ”
- 20 Aug 2015 FATIMA Portugal
- “ We stayed here with our 3 children. Sheets were included, along with an electric teapot and dishes. We were in a perfect location to see all of Bergen. There was a Kiwi grocery right around the corner. We stayed in a private family room, six beds. I wish I would have realized I needed to book all six beds even though there were only five of us. Our other hostel gave us the whole room. Our first stay we had a guest with us. This made the children nervous, but it was fine. Wonderful hostel. ”
- 15 Aug 2015 Kourtney USA