Bern Backpackers Hotel&Hostel Glocke
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Generally a really nice room and location but despite the no smoking signs everywhere my room reeked of cigarettes, even after leaving the windows open all day. Also, generally no real security apart from locks on the doors. I was never once questioned when entering or exiting and the front door is open. ”
- 06 Apr 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Be careful with this hostel. It isn't bad but the fact that it is just over one pub, so there is a lot of noise until 2 in the morning, more or less. They give you free earplugs, available in reception during night, but they should say this issue in the announce. I couldn’t use the earplugs because I had to wake up early in the morning, so in that case I couldn't hear the alarm clock. if you like party and plan to go late to sleep, this is perfect for you, of course. ”
- 25 Mar 2016 Ruben Spain
- “ Staff was very helpful and hostel was very clean and quiet with a nice, relaxing common area, centrally located. ”
- 31 Jan 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ I felt very comfortable and would recommend it to anyone ”
- 25 Jan 2016 Beatrice Switzerland
- “ The kitchen has everything you need to make your own meals, and there is ample seating for eating and hanging out with fellow travellers. Although there is no air conditioning, opening the window in the room is very refreshing, although it was quite noisy outside due to the many restaurants surrounding the hostel. There is a sink and lockers in the room, the bathrooms and showers are in separate areas. ”
- 23 Jul 2015 Lauren Canada
- “ Full marks to location... But facilities are not enough... They don't have proper kitchen with basic food and they charge for internet surfing on desktop and charge heavy city tax providing you free local travel pass which is useless for such a small city... ”
- 09 Jun 2015 Anonymous India