Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ An excellent experience. This hostel surpassed all expectations and was exceptionally comfortable, cleaned daily, secure and within walking distance of everything we wanted to do in Abrão. Would definately recommend this as the first choice for anyone travelling to Ilha Grande. The owner speaks fluent English also and is willing to assist with any queries you might have. Also has a bar for watching sports and a quality restaurant. Looking forward to my return to Biergarten. ”
- 25 Nov 2013 Anonymous South Africa
- “ One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. The rooms are very nice, the staff very helpful and the whole atmosphere was very good. I was surprised that the comments were mentioning the best hostelbreakfast, so I was expecting something really fantastic...so do not be so optimistic, the breakfast is good, but usual as everywhere else. And also the internet connection isn't the fastest, but enough for checking mails and facebook. You should be stupid to browse web here on this beautiful island... ”
- 15 Jul 2013 Peter Slovakia
- “ Amazing hostel!! Victor has done an excellent job here and understands the needs of a backpacker! His staff keep the place spotlessly clean and the huge breakfast is tasty and filling! We had a great group of travellers in our dorm which helped make the whole experience unforgetable!! Keep up the good work Victor and enjoy your trip to Europe! Steve and Paul (brothers who are Liverpool supporters!) ”
- 04 Apr 2013 Anonymous England
- “ Very nice ambiance! The rooms have good big lockers, the toilets are clean and have a good hot shower! It's next to supermarkets, bars and restaurants. Very friendly staff! ”
- 22 Mar 2013 Raquel Brazil
- “ Genuinely one of the nicest hostels I´ve stayed at in about 10 years or so of staying regularly in backpacker hostels. The area that they´ve built out the back is brilliant, everywhere is spotlessly clean and Victor and the others are great hosts. The restaurant is also great value (weigh your plate) as well. Will definitely recommend to anyone going to Ilha Grande. ”
- 02 Jan 2013 Adam England