Big Apple Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Coming to this hostel without any expectations because of it being the cheapest hostel i could find on Manhattan but also because of the reviews, i have to say that it really exceeded my expectations. Location was just Amazing, right on TS. 2 There were only 3 beds in my room which was great as well, i had great roomates during my stay there. I also met some new friends there. 3 The staff were very friendly and helpful. 4, I felt very safe during my stay i have to say. I will be back for sure!! ”
- 28 Oct 2013 Anonymous Sweden
- “ Very mundane place and not very clean. Also, hostel would not not credit the 10% deposit that I paid through hostels.com to book the reservation. I was told by the receptionist that the deposit was between me and hostels.com. Of all the NYC hostels that I have stayed at, this is the only one that refused to credit the deposit paid through hostels.com. There are a lot nicer hostels to stay at in Manhattan. If you stay here you will regret it. And get ripped off as an added bonus. ”
- 03 Sep 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Lock on toilet on 5 th floor wasn't working. The decor is non existent. All in all very lifeless. Too much noise from the bar next door. Absolutely no atmosphere in the internet area, would have been nice with a couch or so. I miss a locker where I could lock in my valuable stuff like computer, ipad and camera. Escalator was good! And the staff were friendly. ”
- 26 Aug 2013 Nina Denmark