Black Bear Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Convenient location, great staff, met some awesome people there, have fun! ”
- 03 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ There are two large windows in my room and two small windows in the bathroom which is not common in Taiwan. Most of the hostels I stayed in Taiwan do not have any windows in the room and the bathroom. Great point to keep. ”
- 12 Mar 2014 che wei Taiwan
- “ Jasmine and her husband are really friendly and helpful. It was New Year (1st Jan) and we couldn't get cab to bring us for a day tour last minute. Jasmine and husband helped us to make a few rounds of calling to get a cab for a reasonable price and even brought us out for lunch while waiting for our cab! They are such a passionate and lovely couple. The rooms are clean and value for money. I would definitely come back to stay if I were to visit Hualien again. ”
- 01 Jan 2014 Anonymous Singapore
- “ Friendly, good service, english & mandarin speaking live in owner cum operator ”
- 31 Dec 2013 Kai Mun Malaysia
- “ I really enjoyed it at Black Bear. Everything is new so it's very fresh and nice. I got a lot of help from Jasmine and she was so nice all the time and definitely made my stay much better! To sum it up I had a great time in Hualien and the stay at the hostel definitely contributed to that (and I really liked Max!). ”
- 18 Oct 2013 Anonymous Sweden