Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel is in an old home with only one bathroom (single toilet, sink, and tub/shower) upstairs for all the guests to share. The floors in the bathroom and rooms were dirty. The bed frames were homemade-looking and kind of clunky. The sheets on my bed were so worn that there was a big hole in the middle. No A/C, so you have to stay cool with open windows and fans, which is a problem because the street outside is loud. Nice kitchen/common area and some cool bars within walking distance. ”
- 23 Jul 2013 Ally USA
- “ What an awesome place! I had a really great experience at this hostel and plan on going back next time I go to Asheville! The staff was super friendly and I felt at home the instant I walked through the door. ”
- 29 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ An excellent cafe is almost right across the street, and downtown is a short drive. My only suggestion for the hostel is to have better lighting in the living room area to facilitate reading after dark. I would be pleased stay here again. ”
- 28 Apr 2013 Larry USA
“ The place had good rules regarding reduced noises around the hot tub area and patio. Noise was not a problem at all!
I recommend people stay here, but be aware they have a no alcohol policy. (That did not bother me, but I didn't notice that prior to arriving. Perhaps I didn't look at their site closely enough. I actually think that policy helped the place to not be noisy. ”
Thanks for recommendation! But to clarify our alcohol policy, we do not allow drinking before 5pm. This keeps people from sitting around drinking all day. After 5pm we allow beer and wine. We ask that guest not consume liquor at the hostel, cause that makes people a little crazy. We do try to keep the noise in check:)
- 21 Oct 2012 Karen K
- “ This place is truly awesome. If you're looking for a chill, laid back hostel in a great spot run by great people, this is it. ”
- 01 Sep 2012 Adam