Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Love this hostel. Fun atmosphere and great staff. Lots of communal space where you can read and drink a beer after a long day in Rio. Very lively from 7-11:30p so don't plan to sleep before then. ”
- 23 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Everything was nice except that it was too hot inside. It would be much better and guests will feel much more welcomed if the common room is equipped with an air conditioner. One tip: there is a kilo restaurant nearby, which one of the staff recommended. It was cheap but delicious! ”
- 27 Jan 2015 Anonymous South Korea
“ This is THE best hostel by far I have ever stayed at around the world, and I've been to many. I feel very sad for you if you miss out on staying here. The owner and the staff make you feel like a member of the Books family from day one. He's made a very relaxed hostel/atmosphere, but it's super fun too. Everything has been thought of from lockers in the bedrooms to a great chill out t.v. area with bean bags, which is much needed after fab nights out in Lapa. I will be back ASAP! ”
You should be back asap! I'll be waiting!
- 29 Dec 2014 alexandra England
- “ Great hostel with friendly and helpful staff. It's in a cool neighborhood that is just a 5-10 minute walk from the subway, so getting to other parts of Rio is easy. Also, their breakfast is really good. It's definitely a party hostel for college kids, but everyone seemed to respect the noise curfews and I was never awoken by any drunken fools. Anyways, A+ hostel! ”
- 29 Dec 2014 Silas USA
- “ I loved my stay here. The staff are involved and actively ensure your safety and security. It has a great little bar and is in the heart of the night life. It's a must stay! ”
- 14 Oct 2014 Anonymous New Zealand
- “ Very nice place to stay. It´s easy to find. It´s very well located: just in the middle of the fun of Lapa, and just a quick walk from the city centre. Just one block from Avenida Riachuelo and two form Mem de Sá Av. There you can catch every bus to almost entire Rio de Janeiro city. You have lockers to keep things, and some beds have their own compartiment to keep your things safe. Breadfast (café da manhã) it is very nice: milk, tea, coffe, bread, marmalades, fruit. Bathrooms are always cleaned ”
- 27 Sep 2014 Cristóbal Uruguay
- “ If you want to party, this is the place. Had the BEST time possible in Brazil, meet some amazing people and the staff are all keen to party with you & show you around. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! ”
- 08 Sep 2014 James Australia