Bru Bar & Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The showers are located in the centre of the building, so aeration is poor. The humidity builds up, even in the nearby rooms, and it smells. Would need windows or better ventilation. Also, the rooms are too small for the number of beds. With the bar downstairs, it can get pretty loud. Didn’t really like our stay, but not the worst hostel on our trip, or even in Cork. So kuddos for that. ”
- 01 Oct 2017 Anonymous Canada
- “ The Bru Bar & Hostel is awesome, staff is very friendly and helpful plus you have live music every night :) Wifi is fiber, ultra fast :) Best hostel I have ever been in Olaf ”
- 15 Apr 2017 Anonymous Iceland
- “ The bar was good! Before going to bed, it was fanatastic to enjoy the live music with one glass of beer!! ”
- 04 Apr 2017 Anonymous South Korea
- “ the hostel is in a great location just a few minutes walking distance to the bus and train stations, and also everything else in Cork city centre. They have a pub downstairs which was great on those occasions when you dont feel like going out to the pubs in the city. However, the the wifi was very unstable and frustrating especially in the rooms. Also, beds dont have individual plug-in sockets for charging phones. All us had to be using a power outlet near the door which was a bit annoying ”
- 21 Feb 2017 chikondi Malawi
- “ Great staff!!! ”
- 02 Jan 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ really good staff and good ambiance but lack of cleanness, poor kitchen and breakfast, bizzare hall and hallway for checkin ”
- 24 Oct 2016 Anonymous France