Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Having stayed at both Budget Backpackers and Kick Ass Hostels (I think they're the same company or group), I prefer Budget Backpackers. They cook food at Budget for a really good price, and they also serve alcohol if you want. The pool table at Budget is definitely better than the one at Kick Ass, tho both are free. That said, both are great hostels, especially for the price. Very, very clean, unique artwork all over the place, good bathroom facilities. I'd definitely stay at Budget again. ”
- 21 Dec 2015 Justin USA
- “ We saw a mouse a few times on the floor we stayed. The hostel needs to deal with the mice infestation as there is a health and safety issue. The atmosphere is good for young people and staff are generally helpful. One resident's laptop was taken away from her bag which was stored in the leaving luggage room. She was very upset by that. ”
- 05 Aug 2015 Lena England
- “ Let's start with the pros. Each bed post has outlets to charge your stuff and the bedding itself looks clean. Now that we got that out of the way the cons. I stayed in both the 30 bed and the 6 bed and changing rooms is horrific You have to check out before 10 despite still staying at the hostel and wait until 1 to re-check in but you keep your card and bed tag with you which never change. The showers are absolutely disgusting. Showers don't work on 30 bed level. Window can't be open either. ”
- 01 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Really impressive! Wished we could have stayed longer. Location was incredible! ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The check out time of 10 am was too early. The rest was fine. ”
- 01 Apr 2015 Anonymous Russia
- “ Awesome on all accounts. Nothing to complain about. Stayed in all female room and in mixed room and both were great. The location is really close to great streets and the stop for Airlink (airport bus to take) is right outside. Didn't eat breakfast there but it looked good. ”
- 24 Feb 2015 Mia USA