Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ AWFUL, DIRTY. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. ”
- 23 May 2016 Marcos Javier Spain
- “ All around fantastic hostel, clean, nice washrooms and nice kitchen with every utensil you could ever need. There were loads of common areas and the café sold decent food and alcohol for pretty great prices! There were laundry machines in the building as well as security lockers for only 1 pound if you needed but there were lockers for every bed in the rooms so if you bring your own lock that works too! There were power outlets for every bed as well and the hostel is in a fantastic location! ”
- 09 Mar 2016 Julia Canada
- “ The place has great potential. Unfortunately, the atmosphere was very off. I found myself uncomfortable in my room or using the kitchen. A majority of the people staying here were living there for school. When I stay In a hostel I like to meet people. Since they were living there for months at a time, as a guest you were just another tourist passing by. ”
- 24 Feb 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ The kitchen leaves a strong smell in clothes, so I recommend not stay long in there. Also, the showers are really tight, which can be a problem for claustrophobic persons. Don't forget that the toilets are public and outside the rooms. ”
- 22 Feb 2016 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Having stayed at both Budget Backpackers and Kick Ass Hostels (I think they're the same company or group), I prefer Budget Backpackers. They cook food at Budget for a really good price, and they also serve alcohol if you want. The pool table at Budget is definitely better than the one at Kick Ass, tho both are free. That said, both are great hostels, especially for the price. Very, very clean, unique artwork all over the place, good bathroom facilities. I'd definitely stay at Budget again. ”
- 21 Dec 2015 Justin USA
- “ We saw a mouse a few times on the floor we stayed. The hostel needs to deal with the mice infestation as there is a health and safety issue. The atmosphere is good for young people and staff are generally helpful. One resident's laptop was taken away from her bag which was stored in the leaving luggage room. She was very upset by that. ”
- 05 Aug 2015 Lena England