Bus Hostel Reykjavik
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel is located a little bit outside the city centre, which is excellent, if you'd like to catch a Bus at the nearby Bus Terminal. If you plan to go to downtown a lot, however, it's not ideal. The bathrooms are great, as is the common room. The kitchen could do with some more plates, glasses, cups, etc... Also, there is not very much space in there... The floor of the kitchen wasn't really clean at some times... The rooms only have one socket, which is pretty poor for a 6-bed-dorm... ”
- 29 Oct 2013 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ I was only passing through, spending two nights here inbetween travels to and from northern Iceland. Nonetheless, the staff was very helpful and the guy at the information desk even did my bed for me, lol. If you're on your way to Keflavik, this hostel also has bus transfer connection to flybus, which is excellent. Overall a fresh and modern hostel and I met some cool people here too! ”
- 08 Oct 2013 Anonymous Finland
- “ Great hostel! Stay here for 10 nights out of my three weeks in Iceland. Very accommodating & helpful staff. Chill, relaxing & eclectic atmosphere, with a large cozy common room. About a 10-15 minute walk to the main shops, bars & restaurants which was nice to stretch the legs & see more of the city. Met great people as well! Only slight downfall was the kitchen could be cramped & busy at times, but everyone tried to accommodate each other. Overall a great stay in a wonderful country!! ”
- 18 Sep 2013 Anonymous Canada
- “ Very nice and helpful staff. Altough we were in a 14 bed room it was silent during the night and everyone could sleep. The free toast in the morning is a very nice idea!! ”
- 25 Aug 2013 Anonymous Austria
- “ Very good! 10-15mins walk (uphill) to city centre. Close to Bus Travel Tour company (so easy to reserve a tour), close to Sadcar (to rent a car). Had a very pleasant experience here, clean and good people. The guy at the counter helped us to call a tour company in which we had a problem with, and helped us to resolve the problem, thank you :) ”
- 23 Jun 2013 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ We had a great time on our stay in Bus Hostel. Great and clean showers, well equipped kitchen even though we missed the oven and good and quiet beds to sleep in dorms. It was also nice that you had lockers for visitors in your dorms. We would definivtely might to stay in Bus Hostel again, if we get a change to visit Reykjavik somewhere in future. ”
- 14 May 2013 Iivari Finland