Cabinas la Catarata
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Loved the location of this wonderful place! It was far enough away from the city, but still close to many things(we also had a car).Felix and Gabriele were wonderful and Nena served up great breakfast(and even helped us wash our clothes).However, beware that breakfast is not included, which we originally had thought it was(my mistake - I thought it was a b&b), the breakfast ended up being quite affordable and we were fine paying what they requested.The cabin is in the woods, so bewareofbugs. ”
- 20 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Absolutely loved it. Beautiful location, private and natural, creek on property. Between La Fortuna and the waterfall of the same name, with a $5 taxi ride in either direction. Cabins are extremely clean, very comfortable beds, kitchen equipped basic cooking and eating utensils and a medium size refrigerator. For only $3 they serve an amazing traditional breakfast and fresh fruit. Excellent language and cultural immersion experience. Owned by a local couple. We will definitely be back. ”
- 09 Aug 2013 Monique USA
- “ Pleasantly surprised - despite low price it exceeded expectations. Clean & spacious cabin,& the host -Don Felix- was exceedingly helpful, arranging taxis, suggesting activities, & giving advice. He also accommodated our last minute decision to arrive early & despite it being Holy Week found a place for us. Travel agency on site very helpful, arranged perfect whitewater rafting tour for us. Beautiful view of volcano, many birds, great area - close to la Fortuna but not right in the town. ”
- 24 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA