Cabinas la Catarata
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Absolutely loved it. Beautiful location, private and natural, creek on property. Between La Fortuna and the waterfall of the same name, with a $5 taxi ride in either direction. Cabins are extremely clean, very comfortable beds, kitchen equipped basic cooking and eating utensils and a medium size refrigerator. For only $3 they serve an amazing traditional breakfast and fresh fruit. Excellent language and cultural immersion experience. Owned by a local couple. We will definitely be back. ”
- 09 Aug 2013 Monique USA
- “ Pleasantly surprised - despite low price it exceeded expectations. Clean & spacious cabin,& the host -Don Felix- was exceedingly helpful, arranging taxis, suggesting activities, & giving advice. He also accommodated our last minute decision to arrive early & despite it being Holy Week found a place for us. Travel agency on site very helpful, arranged perfect whitewater rafting tour for us. Beautiful view of volcano, many birds, great area - close to la Fortuna but not right in the town. ”
- 24 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I came here with 3 friends and had no idea what to expect. The directions could have been better but once we found it we were pleasantly surprised. Quaint little cabins equipped with a decently useable kitchen and a gorgeous patio that looks out on a forest with a river and comes with a cute hammock. The family was gracious and more than helpful, they made a great breakfast. I definitely recommend this place. ”
- 22 Jul 2012 Carolyn
- “ Those cabinas are an excellent choice. I recommend .without hesitation ”
- 02 Mar 2012 Francois