Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We had a nice stay in one of the private twin rooms. The hostel was very cozy and the atmosphere laid-back, thanks to the helpful staff, cool decorations, and clean rooms. I recommend this to anyone going to Edinburgh; don't waste your time and money on hotels when you can go to the Backpackers' hostel! The location of this hostel is excellent: it is easily accessible by bus, close to both Old and New Town, and there are good restaurants in the neighbourhood. ”
- 04 Jun 2014 Tiia Finland
- “ The kitchen facilities are old and insufficient. Some of the cooking utensils may cause heath hazards.Room's carpet is a bit dirty. The spring of the bed is too soft and uncomfortable. ”
- 04 Jun 2014 KIM LEONG Malaysia
- “ Fun hostel! I may be biased because I love Edinburgh so much, but this hostel was a ton of fun. Yes it's in New Town, but there's still a lot's of good restaurants, pubs, and shopping close by. It also had a great common room and the beds were really comfortable. Easy to meet other travellers and the staff are really knowledgeable about whats up in the city. Would definitely recommend! ”
- 07 May 2014 Rachel Canada
- “ There is a pub inside the building. It can get really noisy at night though good for socialising. Prepare blindfold and ear plug. I lived on the third floor, female dorm. There're 2 toilets, 3 showers, and 1 sink. So it can get quite busy in the morning. Waking up early is a good strategy. Given the price (a bit more expensive than their normal price as I went in the bank holiday weekend) and what it offers, it's just so-so. ”
- 17 Apr 2014 Anonymous Hong Kong