California Dreams Backpacker's Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ What this hostel needs: Real beds Lock on the doors A nicer staff Rooms with ventilation To be clean an spider free... ”
- 30 Jun 2013 Anonymous France
- “ i loved my time at california dream was so chilled. i loved the lazy vibe, made some awesome friends, everyone is super friendly. don't expect privacy or cleanliness but if your ok with that then this is 100% the hostel for you. right on the beach, cafe with great coffee across the road, bars right next-door. bottleo across the road. ”
- 18 May 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ a little cramped but close to ocean ”
- 26 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Awesome relaxed San Diego surfer lifestyle ”
- 07 Apr 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ The owner of this hostel is friendly and hospitable. Some of the other staff however have a tendency to make you feel unwelcome. I stayed on the private side that consisted of two private bedrooms each containing a bunk bed. The two private rooms share a bathroom and kitchen that are only for the private guests. However, the staff also uses the private bathroom and kitchen, making it not so private. I had a hard time sleeping here because of the noise at night. ”
- 22 Mar 2013 Melissa USA
- “ Great location with a friendly laid back staff. Can't beat a place half a block from the beach with a Mexican take out place next door, coffee shop across the street, liquor store and laundry within a block and in Pacific Beach. It's like a bad mullet, surf up front and party in the back. Seriously though, a really great hostel experience. ”
- 19 Feb 2013 Shane Canada