California Dreams Backpacker's Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The California Dreams Hostel was by far the best hostel I've stayed in to this day. The staff is friendly. After sunset till mid-night some of the best classic rock music is play for the guest. The atmosphere was one of a calm and enlightening nature. I was truly able to feel at home here in there mix dorm; which has a care free aura. There a bad ass kitchen and back yard where everyone comes together for a so say social hour. The place even attracts the chilliest people imaginable. Amazing time ”
- 20 Feb 2014 patrick USA
- “ This is a disgusting place!!!! When we arrived the first thing we saw were old cigarets on the desk, stains on the floor and everywhere. Our room was small and dark but the worst was : it was DIRTY ! Under the bed were old handkerchiefs and other things under the bed. The window was broken, means you could only lock it with a small wood balk, otherwise everybody could open it from outside where a small trail was. Now the bathroom: mould on the walls especially at the shower. ”
- 27 Dec 2013 Stefanie Germany
- “ What this hostel needs: Real beds Lock on the doors A nicer staff Rooms with ventilation To be clean an spider free... ”
- 30 Jun 2013 Anonymous France
- “ i loved my time at california dream was so chilled. i loved the lazy vibe, made some awesome friends, everyone is super friendly. don't expect privacy or cleanliness but if your ok with that then this is 100% the hostel for you. right on the beach, cafe with great coffee across the road, bars right next-door. bottleo across the road. ”
- 18 May 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ a little cramped but close to ocean ”
- 26 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA