Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ There was a big negative that I believe needs to be addressed immediately for health and safety reasons. The management needs the garbage in their kitchen kept under control, the garbage was over flowing on the floor from the can not being emptied often each day. They kitchen was always a dirty mess as individuals did not clean up after themselves . Counters were gross constantly not cleaned for days, the same grease was seen for days as well as the same pieces of dried food stuck everywhere. ”
- 15 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ No byo in the common place, just the zanzibar. Gilligan's and other Clubs are too far away to walk all the time. Taxi at night is approx 16$. Hostel itself and the staff is great! ”
- 21 Jan 2015 Anonymous Austria
- “ Checked in and dropped my bag off straight away. I came back about 11pm and found a sign saying if you need a blanket ask reception which closed at 10pm. I froze and got a cold. Would help if blankets in the room or upon checking in they tell you!!! ”
- 11 Jul 2014 Anonymous Australia