Camelot Inn & Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Staff's response very quick, nice place to stay ”
- 14 Jun 2015 Anonymous Hong Kong
- “ It's treasure hunter hotel with a great location. I stayed here for 1 night, everything was ok except internet connection problem. I did not call staff since I was able to check it from my cell phone. Overall, this is a good and valuable place for short stay. ”
- 21 May 2015 Anonymous Thailand
“ Its incredibly clean, right next to trax line, nice and quiet, user friendly kitchen and generally a very nice place to stay. Oh and i like that the manager provides feedback on reviews. However three issues come to mind. One is that it needs a proper lounge area. Two is that i would prefer a staff member there, always better in person than on the phone for me. Also if the reason for no staff is money saving, i have stayed in similar hostels, for same or less that have 24/7 staff. ”
==STAFF== We have a friendly housekeeping staff on site in the mornings, and we are in the process of hiring an office aide to be there regularly to assist guests. We are always available by phone, text, or email to answer any questions. ==SECURITY== All of our travelers in the property have been approved to stay. If a guest isn't safe to have in our hostel, then we do not allow them to book. ==PHONE== We apologize for that inconvenience. The property phone is now working.
- 25 Mar 2015 Anonymous England
- “ I never saw anyone working there, but I never needed to talk to someone as the check-in/check-out process was automated. It was a happy-feeling place, everything in good shape. However the walls are a bit thin so early-risers woke me up one or two mornings with their animated conversations despite quiet hours before 8 a.m. ”
- 03 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
“ I thought it was a bit strange that there was no host there to greet the guests. It made the place feel less cared-for, and even a little bit less safe.
I appreciate the computerized check-in because it allowed me to arrive at the hostel late at night, but I wish there could have been someone at the hostel throughout the day at least...
I received a single room with just one bed, for the normal price, which is why i said that the "value for money" was "excellent" and the facilities were good ”
==STAFF== We have a friendly housekeeping staff on site during the morning, and the management is always available by phone to help with anything. We are also in the process of hiring an office aide to be there weekday mornings. Fewer staff means that guests save money. ==SAFETY== We have security cameras and codes to get into the building. Most guests feel very secure. ==TESTIMONIALS== ...Very safe area, and the building is secure. Joey S. England, UK
- 25 Feb 2015 Joseph USA
“ Cute hostel located close enough to the city centre. Right near public transport.
Clean, simple, good atmosphere and a great stay.
Couple of down sides: no one on reception desk due to online checkin so we couldn't get any local inste and the springs in the bed were noisey.
Minor issues, would recommend if you are looking for a simple clean place to stay in SLC. ”
Thank you for praising our property and location! We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay. ==RECEPTION== We are in the process of hiring an office aide to be on the property in the mornings. We also have a friendly housekeeping staff, and we are available by phone anytime to answer questions. ==BED== Thank you for letting us know. We will look into the issue. =TESTIMONIALS= ...staff was pleasant and helpful. Dawn W Ausralia
- 12 Jan 2015 Fauntine Australia
“ Fair warning, there is definitely a mystery management vibe, the only staff member I ever saw was the cleaning lady. However, that being said, the place was clean, quiet, and within walking distance of downtown even in the winter (about 20-25 minutes walk from Temple Square, shorter on the UTA). I went in December, so not exactly tourist season (I had the girl's dorm to myself for 3 nights) but I still met some cool people. I'd recommend the place highly! ”
Thank you for your great comments and rating! We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay. ==STAFF== Our management is available by phone to answer any questions. We are also in the process of hiring a morning office aide to be on the property. ==TESTIMONIALS== ...While we didn't need any help the staff seemed very available. We had a warm welcome! Emma E. Sweden
- 26 Dec 2014 Tara USA
“ there is really uncomfortable place
there is no employ at all time
also many camera all ways watching you!!! ”
==STAFF== We have friendly housekeeping staff on site every morning, and we are currently hiring office staff for morning hours. We are also available by phone to answer any questions. ==CAMERAS== The security cameras are for the safety of the guests, because it is a self check-in hostel. Most guests find our property very safe and comfortable. =TESTIMONIALS= ...you feel safe and its in a great place. Marianne V Oregon, USA
- 12 Dec 2014 Anonymous South Korea
- “ I did not see another human being the whole 3 days I was there, it was kind of creepy but kind of great cause it was like I had my own house. Everything was super clean and organized and the TV in the rooms was amazing. The beds weren't great and were a little squeaky but I was the only one in my dorm so it didn't really matter. Location was right near downtown near transit and groceries and stuff. This place was great! But don't go hoping to make friends. ”
- 25 Nov 2014 Jason Canada
“ It is a pretty cool hostel. The beginning of entering here, you might feel confusing about check in system, but it is easy to use. Everything is good except for noisy beds. ”
Thank you for the good review and rating. ==NOISY BEDS== Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will notify the building staff to address the problem. ==TESTIMONIALS== ...Rooms and beds are very nice, very safe and secure... Overall a very nice stay. Russell L England
- 07 Oct 2014 Hyoseong South Korea