Camelot Inn & Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel's facilities and set up are of good quality, and it is OK not to be staffed and we do the checking in and out all by ourselves. The beds are comfortable and everything is clean and tidy. I hope that the manager of this hostel can give the first-time visitor to Salt Lake City some assistance by giving him information about what to expect around the hostel - the scarcity of eateries and provision stores etc, and how to go about if not driving, and to reply to enquiry emails. ”
- 15 Mar 2014 Anonymous England
- “ Great comfy place. ”
- 10 Mar 2014 JING WEI Canada
- “ This was a great visit. A hostel is still full of interesting people even if there isn't any staff around. ”
- 03 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Very solid. Though not in the heart of downtown, it's located right off of the light rail--so very easy to get to from the airport. Many options available, including very cheap private rooms. Overall was relatively quiet & clean, even with people around in the kitchen area. Doesn't have a large open area for socializing--which worked for me; I was busy with my own things! Safe area; front door was closed by a keypad code, and room had it's own key. I was able to self-check; thumbs up! ”
- 27 Feb 2014 Anonymous USA
“ The Camelot is perfect for budget travelers! ”
Thank you very much for your great ratings, and the compliment about the value of our services.
- 20 Nov 2013 Savannah USA
“ This is my first self-service hostel; although it seemed strange at first it gradually grew on me. Great idea. ”
Thank you very much for the great review and sincere comment.
- 05 Nov 2013 Anonymous USA
“ Stayed at the Camelot for a couple of nights last week. It was a very pleasant if slightly unusual experience!
The hostel is completely self-service - not a member of staff anywhere but because the it is so well set up and organised it wasn't a problem. There is a phone number and a phone to call if you need help (unlikely).
Very clean rooms, common areas and bathroom facilities. A great feeling of security also with cctv in strategic locations made you feel safe.
Wifi throughout the hostel. ”
Thank you for complimenting our security and self check-in system, and for the great rating. ==STAFF== We actually do have office staff on the property every weekday morning, as well as a friendly housekeeping staff that is happy to help a traveler in need. ==TESTIMONIALS== 255)...the staff is very friendly. It is all world class! Kristian Plet-Hansen Denmark 250)...The guest house staff is very friendly, accommodating, and informative. Robert Kaussner New York, USA
- 01 Nov 2013 Owen Ireland
“ Inch and a half gap under the doors is odd and allows much light and noise to filter in. Bed was comfortable, but the room was kinda cool for my liking. I would prefer to have a bit of control over the temperature. Soap dispensers don't work, for some reason: I found I had to remove the lid and scoop out soap. Though I didn't need them, I thought it was nice that phones and computers were offered. ”
Thank you for complimenting our beds and amenities. ==DOOR GAP== The gaps under the doors are for cooler airflow in the summer. ==SOAP DISPENSERS== Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will inspect them all and replace the faulty ones. ==TESTIMONIALS== 488) The hostel was clean, tidy and had all the comforts of home. The location was excellent...The room was nice - clean, large and warm with lots of storage space. I would definitely stay here again. Bill D. USA
- 26 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA
“ I stayed here for four nights and did not see a single staff member the entire time. This place is completely self-serve- it worked okay but was a bit weird. I had a peaceful stay though, and the price was good. Overall, though, I would not recommend, as I spoke with someone else who had reserved a room online earlier that day, and then when they arrived, they were told that the reservation was not good, and that they had to leave the premises immediately. And there were rooms available. ”
Thank you for mentioning our peaceful atmosphere and good prices. ==STAFF== We do have office staff on the property every weekday morning, as well as housekeeping staff that is happy to help. ==DECLINED BOOKINGS== We only deny our services when there are problems with the payment. Also, we do not accommodate felons. ==TESTIMONIALS== 209) ...if you don't have a car...the TRAX is really close. Staff are very helpful and hostel (Guest House) is great. Matthew Phillips England
- 16 Oct 2013 Rachel USA