Canal Inn Georgetown
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The Canal Inn refused to honor my reservation, said they did not receive a confirmation mail (whatever that means). They were completely awful; disorganized, unapologetic, and unhelpful; offered no alternatives. I ended up at the HI DC hostel, who were incredibly kind when an exhausted, teary traveller walked through their doors. Tldr: DO NOT STAY HERE, unless you want to end up homeless and stranded in DC. ”
- 18 Mar 2015 Michaela USA
- “ Well-run, clean small budget hotel. Cramped spaces used very well. Staff not overly friendly. Had a lot of difficulty getting hot water from the taps. However, the location is excellent for what you pay. ”
- 12 Mar 2015 Thor USA
- “ Very clean and quiet hostel. More like a hotel than a youth hostel, so great if you're just looking for an affordable place to stay for a night or two. ”
- 02 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Clean and I liked the panoramic view from the shower in the room I stayed in. Stayed there for 4 nights and only had a room mate for 1. Nicely positioned downtown and walking distance from many attractions such as White House and museums. wi-fi signal was bad in my room and had always to go downstairs for good signal, thats the only thing I found irritating. ”
- 13 Sep 2014 Melusi South Africa
- “ It was really a pleasant place to lay my head. I appreciated the soap/shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the bathroom (as I forgot to pack them). I can't believe there weren't more people there, but I'll take it! ”
- 15 Jul 2014 Patrick USA
- “ Canal Inn was very clean, modern and quiet; the photos posted online were very accurate. It was great lodging for the money and area. Though they advertise having free wi-fi, I was not able to find or connect to their wi-fi for most of my stay. When I did find it, the connection was spotty at best. When I first checked in, it took the staff a while to answer the door (might have been only 1 person on duty?). Aside from that, the staff was pretty responsive to whatever questions/requests I had. ”
- 08 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA