Capsule Hotel Asahi Plaza Shinsaibashi
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff was rude from the moment we checked in. The facility smelled like a locker room: a combination of sweat and mildew. The capsule itself was secured only by a paper curtain and while it was more spacious than I expected, the bedding was barely thick enough to provide comfort from the plastic shell of the pod, the pillow was full of uncomfortable plastic beads or beans that crunched with the slightest movement, and the walls were thin enough to both hear and feel reverberating snores. ”
- 30 Mar 2016 Mickey USA
- “ It is a capsule hotel, not more, not any less. The showers are nice, the beds are ok but the atmosphere is not there. The location is pretty good so if you don't need a backpacking atmosphere and just a place to sleep ... here you go. We thought it was a good experience. ”
- 24 Mar 2016 Björn Germany
- “ one of the highlights of our trip. would highly recommend it ”
- 28 Dec 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ This capsule hostel was perfect for my needs. I was adventuring through Kyoto, and had a full schedule of things to do and see. All I needed was a place to sleep and shower, and this fit the bill perfectly. The beds were a little bit hard, but completely in order for one night. ”
- 06 Nov 2015 Anonymous USA