Capsule Hotel Asahi Plaza Shinsaibashi
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was our first stay in a capsule hotel, and we would do it again. As we had backpacks, having the capsule on one floor and the lockers on another meant many trips up and down stairs. It also took us a bit to find the showers, and when we did, we didn't realise we had because they were part of the spa. Allowing smoking in the foyer, almost next to a no smoking sign but with ashtrays provided took a bit of the gloss off the place, particularly for my wife who hates cigarette smoke. ”
- 21 Aug 2014 Ian Australia
- “ Interesting experience. The capsule is not very near the smallish locker where you can store your bag. Standard firm/hard Japanese mattress. Liked the hot bath. The women's area is separate and secure. You get a television OR a power point, not both without paying extra. ”
- 01 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The carpet has smoking smell. It feels like dirty air, it made me so uncomfortable. and the locker was too small. ”
- 28 May 2014 Anonymous South Korea
- “ Do not stay here. Checkout is at 10am, and unlike at other hostels you cant continue to use the facilities-you have to leave. The shower (which is a open shared bath w no privacy) is closed from 11am-2pm.I paid for late checkout till 1pm, had not used the shower yet, and was told with NO smile that I had to pay another 800yen(US$8) to shower. It smells like fresh cigarette smoke everywhere.Feels depressing inside. No foreigners. Only stay here if you want to rough it out and try a capsule hotel. ”
- 23 May 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ It's a capsule hotel..not much else to say. But that bath is amazing! ”
- 22 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Perfect place for travelers looking for a place to crash at night. Guests each receive a locker to secure large valuables while they're asleep or out and about, there's a relaxing onsen, and the place is kept very clean, it's centrally located within walking distance of the main station and Doutonburi, and for what you pay it exeeds expectations. The only thing that it's missing is western-style toilets! ”
- 11 Oct 2013 Andrew USA