Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I wouldn't recommend it. The directions for the hostel were usless and I had a real hard time finidng it. I tried phoning them up to ask for directions and they kept hanging up on me. Staff are very rude, and the pods get extremely hot at night so didn't get much sleep. Overall a interesting but pretty rubbish experience. Location is spot on though. ”
- 11 Apr 2015 jessica England
- “ Do not reccomend. Very dirty place and the personnel were verry rude. The whole place had a bad smell aswell. ”
- 28 Mar 2015 Amir Sweden
- “ Great capsule experience, clean, super helpful (english speaking) staff, nice warm bath on 9th floor. Only one working toilet when i was there, but the ladys dorm wasn't crowded, so it was no problem. Big lockers that fits a large suitcase, you get toothbrush, two towels and a pyjama to sleep in. No ac in the capsule, and two plugs to charge the phone at the end of the room. Close to the subway station that takes you all the way to Haneda airport and walking distance to the Sky tree. ”
- 29 Oct 2014 Malin Sweden
- “ Just awful, please don't waste your time and money here. Everything is broken and dirty and old. Mattresses are so thin that they're hard. There are no power plugs or wifi in the capsules, you need to go to the common room to receive wifi where they literally have one power strip. Lockers cost 400Y for every 12 hours. The cleaner kicks you out of your bed to make it at 10AM even if you're staying multiple nights. No private showers. Women's bathroom does not have a view like the mens. Terrible. ”
- 07 Aug 2014 Rebecca Canada
- “ This was my first capsule hotel so I wasn't sure what to expect. The location is very convenient since it is steps away from the Asakusa subway stop and right across the river from Skytree. The facilities were ok for the price although you have to pay to use the lockers and that can get expensive. The capsules are very clean and relatively quiet. However, the showers are communal so there is very little privacy. Overall, this is a decent budget hotel. ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location, very comfy accomodations, nice spa/shower area, very clean & safe feeling; you just can't beat the price. There was good A/C as well which was very appreciated in the summer heat. The staff speak very little english but it's easy to get your point across. The location is somewhat deceiving tho as the front entrance to the hostel is actually a hotel called Hotel Gyornsan or something like that, but both entrances meet the same reception. Definitely recommend! Cheers from Canada! ”
- 16 Jul 2014 Graham Canada