Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Expensive storage for luggage. Dirty beds/capsules. Showers close at 09am. Noisy. Extremely no-frills solution for people who want nothing more than thin mattress.. ”
- 28 Jun 2013 Lars Andrew Norway
- “ Great Atmosphere! Made wonderful friends! The capsule is quite an experience. A must try for all non claustrophobic travelers to Japan ”
- 13 Jun 2013 Lerrel India
- “ Very good hostel, staff seemed friendly enough, capsule itself was better than expected, shared bath and showers were ok, would have prefered private shower, but no problem, as i'm aware many japanese places have shared bathing/showering, overall very happy with experience. only thing that did get rather annoying was having to give in your key everytime you went out, and then getting another key, and a piece of paper you have to hold on to, then exchanging this for the actual key. ”
- 23 May 2013 Thomas England
- “ The only bad thing is that smoking is allowing inside the common rooms, although there is a terrace on the last floor. ”
- 03 Apr 2013 Anonymous France
- “ First, finding "capsule hotel" can be confusing as the counter is shared by Hotel Gyominso. The counter is quite small and crowded. You can smell smoking almost everywhere in this hotel which was the biggest minus point. However, it has women only floor and capsules which was fantastic and the facilities were very celan and tidy. I didnt expect any locker after reading some reviews but they gave me very small locker anyway. BUT you cannot use your wifi in your capusle floor. Only in 2nd floor. ”
- 27 Mar 2013 Anonymous South Korea
- “ I was only staying one night at the Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side since I was travelling around Japan. I was so satisfied with the facilities and staff that I would not have minded going back on my last night in Japan! It is an experience I will do again for sure. ”
- 10 Feb 2013 Anonymous Canada