Carlton Arms Hotel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was one of the most horrible experiences I have ever lived. I went there with 2 co-workers and booked a 3 bed room. When we arrived there, we noticed that there were only 2 beds. The property keep saying that if we needed an extra bed, we needed to pay for an extra room. That the fault of saying "3 bed" it was from Hostels.com. He did not even give us an extra mattress to sleep on the floor!! Even worst, Hostels.com does not have a weekend phone to solve the problem. Terrible experience. ”
- 22 Apr 2017 Anonymous Argentina
- “ Convenient location Nice staff, Expensive for a small 2 bedroom room, with shared bathroom. However, everything in NY is out of control... The room was noisy, because of outside noises. Coffee and tea available. 2 resident cats, quite nice if you like cats (which we do), one adopted us for the duration of our stay. Interesting surroundings, artists decorated, gives it a hostel feel instead of a boring hotel look. ”
- 01 Dec 2016 Anne USA
- “ This hotel trashed talked going through a third party, it I was Hostel.com I would take them of the list. After seeing this place I am worried about other places I booked on Hostel.com. This place is not safe, not clean, not friendly, it is not cheaper then staying at a nice hotel in the city. I actually found a hotel that was clean, friendly and safe for 20.00 less a night. Go to a museum to see great art and have an experience find a nice hotel that is clean and safe don't waste money here ”
- 29 Oct 2016 Crystal USA
- “ This is the second time I've stayed at the Carlton Arms, and I will go back. The atmosphere is like nothing else in NYC. Although the place looks funky, the beds are great, the rooms and bathrooms are clean, and the staff are very pleasant to deal with. Very convenient location -- you can walk to Times Square or to the Village, and the bagel shop across the street has good breakfasts. ”
- 06 Oct 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Very very nice & friendly staff ! :) Very clean, great atmosphere, loved it. ”
- 05 Oct 2016 Greta Germany