Castaways Backpackers Cairns
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff was AMAZING!! We had to cut our trip short cuz of the weather -- but the staff was amazing. Room was great, facilities were fantastic. Location is pretty nice to food and shops. ”
- 13 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The accomodation is fine, I wasn't expecting something else. The hostel was very quiet and calm. It is a bit far away from the city center (25min walk) but they propose lifts during the day. Some staff are very nice and some others not (they are not really friendly but they do their job). ”
- 20 Feb 2015 study France
- “ Great hostel. A bit far away though (walk about 15 min to center/harbour). Very friendly staff, meet nice people. Comfortable beds. Fridge in the room, but no lockers. Staff can recommend you good trips in the area. ”
- 09 Jan 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ Fantastic Hostel, I can highly recommend. The staff are friendly, its small so you really get to know the other guests. Yet it still manages to be quiet and chilled out so if you would rather a more relaxed stay then that's no problem. Facilities are clean and pool is great. loads of trips you can book. I recommend the reef experience. Wi fi was good as well. Only issue is that it is a 10/15 minute walk down to the beach or to town, there is a shuttle, but not always when your going to need it. ”
- 08 Dec 2014 Anonymous England