Castle Tam Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ i had a great time, at Costa Rica, the location is excellent because it´s so near to Costa Rica Univeristy, you can go walking aroud 25 minutes to San José, the guys give a good traet and excelents cakes for breakfast :) ”
- 19 Oct 2014 MARIA ALMENDRA Mexico
- “ Very nice staff, good location and it was nice to have two kitchens to choose from. The restrooms were clean and orderly, and there were dorm curtains for privacy. I was not satisfied with the dorm sheets and pillows. They were dingy and smelled. I couldn't tell if they'd been washed recently. ”
- 18 Aug 2014 corina USA
- “ Brett is a very helpful staff member. Hostel is super close to a great nightlife area of San Jose. Dorm rooms are a bit cramped and there aren't any abundance of washrooms, but overall the feel is very good in the hostel. Some nice common areas to hang out, too, plus breakfast (scrambled eggs and strawberries) is included. Excellent place to stay in San Jose. ”
- 20 Jun 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ I've visited Castle Tam several times whilst traveling through San Jose. Hot water, reasonable prices, and an upbeat atmosphere; what more can One ask for hostel-wise? Jonathon is outgoing and quite helpful with making arrangements throughout the country. My one point of constructive criticism would be to update the mosquito netting in the shared dorm ASAP. Rating>>> Solid Choice!! ”
- 04 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA