Castle Tam Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Brett is a very helpful staff member. Hostel is super close to a great nightlife area of San Jose. Dorm rooms are a bit cramped and there aren't any abundance of washrooms, but overall the feel is very good in the hostel. Some nice common areas to hang out, too, plus breakfast (scrambled eggs and strawberries) is included. Excellent place to stay in San Jose. ”
- 20 Jun 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ I've visited Castle Tam several times whilst traveling through San Jose. Hot water, reasonable prices, and an upbeat atmosphere; what more can One ask for hostel-wise? Jonathon is outgoing and quite helpful with making arrangements throughout the country. My one point of constructive criticism would be to update the mosquito netting in the shared dorm ASAP. Rating>>> Solid Choice!! ”
- 04 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff was great. They provided answers to all of our questions and provided sound advice since most had been there for between a year and two years. Good location in a quiet neighborhood. Bus stop, convenience store restaurants, bars all within a short walk. ”
- 16 Oct 2013 eric USA
- “ Perfect place, but there was no breakfast offered although it was included ”
- 10 Aug 2013 Saskia Germany
- “ The pillows were disgusting, I assume that they were once white however now are the colour of urine. The moulding soap dish disgusting as was the stained and moulding shower curtain. We did not cook in the kitchen as we had no desire to store food in the fridge that was far from clean. The general cleanliness in the room was far below what we would expect even from a cheap hostel. The one plus point was the mattresses were comfortable. For better value go to hostel Urbano 3 mins walking away. ”
- 30 Jul 2013 Anonymous England