Chakana House Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great location less than 5 min from the main plaza and in a largely quiet little alley (but not unsafe). Rooms are bright and airy, but consequently also rather cold at night. The wifi is fantastic for South America - never had a problem with the connectivity, and it was fast. They are a bit slow in refilling breakfast items and if you wake up late (but within breakfast hours - 7 to 10am), there doesn't seem to be much food left. The hot shower is merely lukewarm if you use it at peak periods. ”
- 05 Jan 2014 Anonymous Singapore
- “ I am 99% sure that I would stay at Chakana House Hostel again. The staff (Señora Maria and Señorita Leticia) were absolutely some of the nicest people I've met in Peru; the private room and bathroom were spacious, clean, and secure; the breakfast was decent (bread, butter, jam/jelly, and a selection of mate de coca, tea, or coffee); and the free Wi-Fi worked. The only drawback - the hot water didn't work on the last morning, which could've been a fluke since it worked well the first two days. ”
- 28 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Excelente hostal, muy bien atendido. Muy amables! ”
- 24 Jun 2013 Andres Mexico
- “ Location was great. I would stay here again! ”
- 08 May 2013 Anonymous USA