Chaltunha Hostel San Miguel Flores
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Amazing location, views over Flores and the lake made my stay, the owner is a total gentleman and will do everything he can to make your stay as relaxed and trouble free as possible. They have two hostels, just opened one in Flores. We moved here for Friday/Saturday for convenience going out in the town. We still had use of the facilities, pool etc at the other location in the day. This is the best place in Flores by a mile! ”
- 12 Oct 2013 Declan
- “ Excellent staff and atmosphere and what it lacks in convenience makes up for ten fold in quality! ”
- 12 Aug 2013 Nick Australia
- “ I am afraid that you will choose to stay elsewhere because you are wary of taking a boat to Chaltunha hostel. Let me use this review to address these concerns. First, make a reservation. Second, email Mr. Neil to make arrangements for him to pick you up. He understands that you need a boat to get across and he is more than happy to bring you to his hostel. He will also bring you back as early as necessary to make your flight out of Flores when you leave. Communicate your needs and he will help! ”
- 07 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location. I enjoyed that is was not on the island of Flores and the boats were extremely cheap to cross. The owner was extremely friendly with good, reasonably priced food to offer. The only thing I missed was a common kitchen to make coffee/tea, toast, etc. ”
- 22 Dec 2012 Anonymous USA
- “ This hostel has all the key elements a backpacker is looking for: safe and clean room, wifi, owner is nice... One inconvenience is the location: it is faraway from Flores island, where the bus terminal locates; and u need to take a boat to this hotel which incurred additional charges. I would recommend to pick one of the many hostels around bus station once u arrived Flores, and they are priced the same as this one. ”
- 13 Dec 2012 Anonymous Canada