Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The host was very friendly, but the house was not ready for visitors as the bathroom was quiet dirty, the bedroom was not clean and the bed was not comfortable. The location was difficult to find because on the webpage the address was not given in chines characters and the description of the directions was unclear. ”
- 07 Dec 2012 Aram Austria
- “ it's a share flat, there is a big room with 2 big mat. Confort is more or less but you have coffie/tea for free and you can use the kitchen. ”
- 26 Oct 2012 Anonymous Belgium
- “ It is more private accomodation and home atmosphere than hostel. One big double bed is ideal for a pair. For those using own car/bike distance from city centre wouldnt be problem (up to 10min). However evening public bus connection (15 mins from train station) is not good. Price for bus/taxi also mount up whole price. ”
- 29 Jan 2012 Libor
- “ This hostel is clean and friendly. If you don't speak Chinese, getting there from the Chiayi train station might be a challenge. The bus schedules and ticket counter only have Chinese signs and speakers. However, Stephy (the owner) can help you and she's very nice. In general, the hostel was great for price and service. The location is a bit inconvenient if you only use buses. I would recommend renting a scooter across the street from the train station cheap and easy. ”
- 27 Jan 2012 Wendy
- “ Chiayi Backpackers is very far from the city centre. We had difficulties finding it because there was no Chinese address given (-> we couldn´t ask the locals) and the road was actually only a lane number. However, when we called them, the owners picked us up from our location. Super nice! They only have one room (couch surfing), but they had water and fresh fruit ready for us. If you are ok with taking a bus, the location is not a problem, since the bus stop is only about 50 metres away. ”
- 25 Sep 2011 Gesa