Chicago Getaway Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hostel associate, Treiel (the kitchen lady), is a very special person and is one of the reasons I will return to here. Her warm smile, friendly greeting each day and her willingness to help anyway possible. The front desk staff, also friendly and helpful. Even though if was a St. Patty's Day weekend with the extra activities you would expect from the younger crowd, all was good. See ya again soon! Eddie ”
- 16 Mar 2013 James USA
- “ Very inviting when you walk in, however, the room was very small for 10 beds, and the beds are EXTREMELY noisy! Also, if you're on the first floor across from the elevator, it's very noisy. The bathrooms were ok - could've been cleaner, but it always depends on the people using them. Same goes for the rooms (unfortunately, I shared mine with some very messy girls). I wish the staff would enforce their "don't switch beds" policy more as there were some issues with that too. Overall ok. ”
- 16 Mar 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ Best place i've ever stayed in chicago, perfect location off north clark street in lincoln park. i would highly recommend this place! ”
- 12 Mar 2013 kevin USA
- “ A bit pricy compared to other hostels. Also, the bathrooms for the dorm style people were not very private. Other than that, everything was very nice...and so close to Depaul! ”
- 01 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I enjoyed the atmosphere in the hostel very much - friendly and easy to get to know to other people. The kitchen is excellent and even the included breakfrest is quite good (I made much worse experiences in other hostels). Only problem: the beds were terribly noisy. But using earplugs (which I anyway need in a dormitory) I could sleep quite well. ”
- 09 Jan 2013 Helmut