Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great time there but the bathrooms were a bit grubby and mattresses a bit old and tough. Other tjan that would recommend it for the vibe and ease. Great views and bar. ”
- 26 Jun 2014 Anonymous England
- “ Cozy and atmospheric hostel in the heart of Babilonia. Pretty good facilities, but no breakfast included. Only 15min away from Copacabana/Leme beach, but climbing uphill is steep (when feeling lazy, you can get a cheap moto taxi). Very friendly and helpful staff with good english skill. Neighborhood is a favela, but felt safe. Hostel is quite clean but a little worn down, which only adds to the atmosphere. Bring earplugs if u wanna sleep tight, lots of party around! Great views from the balcony! ”
- 10 Jan 2014 Anonymous Finland
- “ Good and fiendly stuff, to live in a Favela is a good expirience it´s very saftey and the people are friendly in the neightberhood ”
- 12 Dec 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ Ana was a great and very helpful hostess. The terrace on the roof is amazing, and the location very good. All in all it's a simple, but very nice hostel - especially for that price. ”
- 30 Nov 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ Don`t be scared when you get there for the first time. Yes, it`s in the favela but the neighborhood is safe and very friendly. The location is excellent (up to 10min to Copacabana beach and bus stops) and the staff and atmosphere are really great. Highly recommended especially for young people. If you don`t expect a luxury hotel, this is the right place to stay in Rio. ”
- 29 Nov 2013 Matej Slovakia