Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very cozy and friendly! ”
- 27 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Great hostel, apparently it had just changed owners and if so it was doing pretty well. Clean, secure, had hot-water every night I was there (mid-July) and a fantastic communal area. The staff were sometimes hard to access as they would be busy doing things. ”
- 14 Jul 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ The Cielo Rojo Hostel is a really nice place in the center of Oaxaca! I felt very much at home staying there! They have a beautiful terasse in the center of the hostel, where you can relax and you will meet many people there since it is not a huge hostel, which is good if you are travelling by yoursellf! Also the guys who are running the place are really relaxed and always helpful and friendly! Can only recommend the place! ”
- 11 May 2014 Anne Germany
- “ My stay was pleasant- the staff wasn't very approachable, except the volunteer from Ireland named Sarah who was very down-to-earth and exceptionally friendly. The facility could have done a better job at providing fans inside the hot, steamy dormitories and could have done better at installing more electrical outlets in the rooms and in the patio- we all seemed to have been fighting for electricity in order to charge our phones, laptops, etc. There were ants in the kitchen, and breakfast was ok ”
- 21 Mar 2014 Anonymous Mexico
- “ This was everything a hostel should be. Simple, clean, inexpensive and near the heart of city and bus stations. The staff was friendly and offered advise of things to see while there. I did end up meeting up with a nice group of people from all over the world here, and had a great time with them as well. ”
- 27 Jan 2014 Ryan USA
- “ Great service and my single room was very spacious. I stayed at a 3star hotel last year in downtown Oaxaca and my room in this hostel was just as good as the one in that hotel. The only difference was that I had no TV but with internet you won't be bored plus people are always out hanging out outside. loved my stay! ”
- 29 Dec 2013 Ibissa USA