Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was everything a hostel should be. Simple, clean, inexpensive and near the heart of city and bus stations. The staff was friendly and offered advise of things to see while there. I did end up meeting up with a nice group of people from all over the world here, and had a great time with them as well. ”
- 27 Jan 2014 Ryan USA
- “ Great service and my single room was very spacious. I stayed at a 3star hotel last year in downtown Oaxaca and my room in this hostel was just as good as the one in that hotel. The only difference was that I had no TV but with internet you won't be bored plus people are always out hanging out outside. loved my stay! ”
- 29 Dec 2013 Ibissa USA
- “ Super buena onda. The staff (Efraim and Suzi) were welcoming, funny, and knowledgeable of the city and off-the-beaten path activities. They were able to set up tours to must-see sights around the area and busses to Puerto Escondido. I was backbacking alone during the Christmas holiday and Efraim and his family were so generous to invite all the hostel guests to a delicious holiday dinner prepared by his parents. It was a delightful stay in an enchanting city, and I would gladly return anytime. ”
- 21 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I really enjoyed my stay here. Mauricio and Efraín have created a wonderfully hospitable home-away-from home. My only, somewhat whiny, issue was that there was one shower for about 12 people. This can be accommodated and Cielo Rojo is worth the work-around. I hope to return again next year. ”
- 29 Jul 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Good hostel enjoyed my time tyhere ”
- 22 Jun 2013 Brendan Ireland