City Garden Lodge
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We stayed in a lovely a double room with lots of windows. Having our own room meant the security was good, not sure about the dorms. It's a good walk to the downtown area because of the hills in Auckland but doable. Also close to our car rental place and easy access to the highway, especially good for us having to get used to driving on the left and wanting to avoid downtown auckland. The building has character and seems well maintained. ”
- 30 Oct 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Parking in the area is very difficult. The hostel allows you to park in their driveway, which can also be a bit crowded. Internet access is not free, and is choked at 200 MB per charge. Otherwise good, I would stay again. ”
- 20 Apr 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Great place to stay in Auckland! Short walk to Parnell St (great restaurants and a fun vibe). Close to the bus line and a 15-20 min walk to City Centre/Ferry Terminal. The double en suite room was a large clean room with it's own bathroom. Affordable compared to other hostels. The larger house with other rooms is very charming and Victorian like. There is a big gathering area that guest hang out in.Check in is only during specified times, but we were able to leave our bags for a bit. ”
- 08 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA